Send me any typos you come across and I’ll add them to this list – always worth a look to make me smile! CVs, menus, websites … and click here to see some of the worst newspaper bloopers!
- Objective: “career on the Information Supper Highway”
- “Career break in 1999 to renovate my horse”
- Seen on a menu in Crete: Kis Loren (quiche lorraine)
- Hobbies: “enjoy cooking Chinese and Italians”
- Local grocery store offering a real attention-grabber as its special of the week: “Porn and Beans”
- Headline in a Catholic weekly newspaper: “The joy of pubic worship”
- Two grown men who went out with dogs and rifles in tow, to do some “mouse hunting”
Here’s an anecdote that illustrates how costly proofreading errors can be:
A travelling sales rep of a large produce company who e-mailed his boss one day to find out if he should accept the price he had been quoted for a quantity of produce. The boss replied: “NO PRICE TOO HIGH”. With this in mind, the sales rep bought an entire lorry load, only to learn on his return that what the boss had intended to say was: “NO. PRICE TOO HIGH”.
So much for the price of a missing full stop!